I offer professional trainings on
- team and system level practices to increase helper resilience and reduce burnout
- trauma-sensitive care in medical settings
- evidence-based clinical interventions for parents
- mindfulness and compassion interventions for clinical populations
Professional workshops are developed to meet the needs of the organization and can range in scope from a lunch time grand rounds to multiday seminar. Please contact me for more information.
Recent workshops and trainings:
1. Makin-Byrd, K. N. (January, 2018) Self Care in the New Year: Person, team, and organization level practices for a happy, healthy, purpose-driven work force. Invited half-day workshop for employees, managers, and executives presented at the Thrive Autism Collaborative, Denver, CO.
2. Makin-Byrd, K. N. (October, 2017) Mindful Parenting: ACT and mindfulness exercises for parents. Clinical workshop for therapists and helpers presented at the Rocky Mountain Association for Contextual Behavioral Science biannual conference, Denver, CO.
3. Makin-Byrd, K. N. (October, 2016) Clinical tools to address relationship and regulation skills among trauma survivors across the lifespan. Invited talk presented at the University of Colorado Depression Center, Department of Family Medicine, Denver, CO.
4. Makin-Byrd, K. N. (August, 2016) The impact of trauma on families and parenting. Invited talk presented at the Couples and Family Treatment Seminar, University of Colorado, Denver and Health Sciences Center
5. Makin-Byrd, K. N. (2015) Assessment and treatment of traumatized families. Invited talk presented at the Child Abuse Assessment, Reporting, and Overview of Treatment conference, VAPAHCS, Palo Alto, CA
6. Makin-Byrd, K. N. (August, 2017) Using ACT with Parents: Parenting from a place of openness, awareness, and active engagement. Invited talk for mental health workers presented at the Thrive Autism Collaborative, Denver, CO.
7. Makin-Byrd, K. N. & Foynes, M. (2016, August) Clinical tools to enhance parent and partner relationships among military sexual trauma survivors . Invited talk presented at the VA Mental Health Services Advanced Family Topics Seminar, Department of Veterans Affairs
8. Makin-Byrd, K. N. (2016, June) Key parent-child clinical issues among MST survivors. Invited talk presented at the Military Sexual Trauma Teleconference Training Series, Department of Veterans Affairs